Study Permit

Studying in Canada

Canada is the premier choice for thousands of migrants each year to wish to study abroad. It is a fantastic place of study. There are multiple course opportunities and desirable post study visa options. It offers excellent universities, schools, and other educational institutions. You will also enjoy the way of life here. Your route to studying in Canada is via a visa to study.

A study permit is an immigration document that authorizes international students to study in Canada. Any program longer than six (6) months would require such permission. It is usually valid for the length of a program, plus an extra three (3) months to prepare to leave Canada or apply for an extension.

Certain international students do not need a study permit to study in Canada:

  • Minor kids (under 18 years old) in Canada
  • Those taking short-term programs (6 months or less)
  • Members of foreign armed forces
  • Family or staff of foreign representatives
  • Registered Indians in Canada

Universities, to encourage applications from a diverse variety of students, conduct admissions in specific cycles otherwise known as intakes. There are three major intakes, namely, Fall, Winter and Summer intakes with the Fall attracting the highest number of applications.

IRCC maintains a list of designated schools and allocate them a DLI number. All primary and secondary schools are automatically designated as DLI and do not appear on Designated Learning Institutes’ list. DLI is required to report international student’s enrolment and academic status through DLI portal.

A student will need a Social Insurance Number in order to work. No work permit is required for on campus work of any duration or on multiple campuses of the same institutions as long as these campuses are in the same municipality. However, only 20 hours a week off campus work is allowed during academic session which is in addition to on-campus work. A student may work full time during scheduled breaks like winter/summer holidays. After your studies, you will be granted a Post-Graduation Work permit (PGWP) so you can then actively seek full-time work in Canada.

Why Study in CANADA?

Canada is a progressively diverse and safe country to study in. Canadians are known to be welcoming and friendly to foreigners because of our values and beliefs of equality, diversity. Canada and its universities have an undisputed reputation for academic excellence and quality. Thousands of courses are available for international students that want to study in Canada. The Canada is an ideal destination for many years, for over a million international students from all over the world.

  • Affordable education
  • Internationally recognized courses and qualifications
  • Innovative and abundant research opportunities
  • Healthy and safe communities
  • Scholarships and financial support
  • Multicultural nation
  • Possible to work while you study

Migrating to Canada is possible if you have the benefit of knowing the right pathway. Study Pathway is one of the most popular and widely used options. Acquiring a Canada Student Visa can help you put your best foot forward, in terms of a brilliant career post your study abroad in Canada. SRV Immigration provides expert guidance for Canada Student Visa, assisting you to begin your education at the right time, in the best possible university.